Montag, 8. September 2008

Chengdu - arrival


September 1st I arrived at Chengdu Main Trainstation. Wang Laoshi(2nd Dean for foreign students) picked me up at the train station. We arrived at a nice building with lots of videocameras. After some burocracy things i entered my room. The dust was about 2mm lying on everything. After some complains they sent some staff to clean my room (I pay 70€/month at the moment). Then finally I could take a shower and go to bed. After this long trip from Wuhan... unfortunately I got a cold the day after. So the next 5 days I just lived between the cafeteria and my dormitory... ate a lot of fruits and other healthy things. Very quickly I found good friends, who are still always around me.

...

If I didnt sleep or ate I played some soccer, basketball, badminton or went to party. No sooner I was regenerated the party time started with 6 days in a row. A lot of fun. A lot of friends. But expensive. Well 1,5€/beer is still very very cheap. But not so cheap I was calculating with... anyway - chinese only go to club if they really have to celebrate something or they are just decadent.
Foreigners r often like stars. Many(not any) natives enjoying to be with foreigners and give us a lot of drinks for free... Chengdu has not so many resident aliens(found this expression on leo ^^) it seems.

Keine Kommentare: